If you could take only one class for Adult ADD / ADHD…
Which class would you pick?
Yesterday I sent out an announcement of my Summer Solstice SALE on all of the Thrive with ADD class recordings with notes. I had listed more than 10 different classes on sale at $19, each going in depth on a specific ADD / ADHD challenge.
Nancy, one of my readers emailed me for advice. The low $19 sale price allowed Nancy to buy, but her budget was tight and she had to choose just ONE class. She wondered which one to choose.
These were Nancy’s top three choices:
- “Getting Started” – Like most ADD / ADHD Adults, procrastination was an issue.
- “Following Through” – She had many projects going on, but rarely finished them.
- “Develop a Time Sense” She constantly under-estimated the time things took, missed deadlines, and was often late. Due to her poor time management, she always felt frazzled and behind.
Each of these class topics would address a different aspect of Nancy’s situation. Her question was, which class would give her the most value?
DEVELOP a TIME SENSE: Get Out of ADD-Time!
My suggestion for Nancy was the “Time Sense” class. Here’s why:
Obvious Benefits of developing a Time Sense:
Of course there are certain benefits you would expect to get out of a class on developing a time sense. Having a realistic relationship with time will allow you to get work done by deadline, count on being on time for meetings, social appointments, and your family. And it would be great to never again have to miss the bus, the train, or the plane!
In the process of learning to manage your time through my Time Sense Tool, you learn a great deal about yourself. This new insight brings additional benefits you may not expect.
- Procrastinate less – Once you fully realize how long things REALLY take to do, you cut back on procrastination because your sense of urgency kicks in sooner.
- Become more productive – You gain new consciousness of how much time you waste looking for things, jumping to irrelevant task, trying to do “one more thing” before leaving. This awareness curbs you from continuing to do these things unconsciously. It also points the way towards efficiency solutions.
- Stop feeling ashamed – You can feel less shame about how long something takes once you break down the steps and develop a realistic time sense about each step.
- Stop over-committing – You’ll be less likely to over-commit, realizing that only Superman could have accomplished everything that you thought you could do in a day.
- Help your relationships – You’ll gain a sense of appreciation of others’ time, once you learn to be on time yourself. And this will certainly enhance your relationships and professional credibility.
So… if you have to pick JUST ONE of the Thrive with ADD classes on sale this week, “Develop a Time Sense” has my vote.
Buy hey, at only $19 each, you may want to download several classes and listen over the summer!